SolarTech Membership Guidelines
In recognition of certain obligations to the general public, to their customers, and the solar industry and related professions, members pledge to uphold SolarTech code of ethics consistent with establishing an organization and brand of the utmost quality and standards.
1. Members will support the six founding SolarTech objectives to promote the solar industry “value chain”.
2. Members will support the dissemination and adoption wherever practical of SolarTech driven standards and best practices collaboratively developed through Committees, Symposiums, annual Summit or related efforts of the SolarTech consortia.
3. Members will identify company representatives to interface between SolarTech and the member company. Representative(s) shall be a dedicated participant, or have a single alternate, for at least one year to ensure continuity. Company representative(s) shall be at a senior management or executive level within their respective organizations. SolarTech is seeking to effect change and thus it is imperative that member representatives be in significant positions of responsibility and authority within the Solar Industry.
4. All members will be asked to commit equally appropriate time as required to support the SolarTech business plan and committee functional plans behind the adoption, implementation, and expansion of the founding six objectives and related metrics/milestones.
The “SolarTech Certified” program
As part of the furthering of the SolarTech Certified brand, member companies support efforts related to defining, establishing, and furthering of a SolarTech Certified brand emblematic of achieving a certain level of quality, reliability and performance through the development, adoption, and dissemination of industry standards and best practices.
Proposed SolarTech Code of Ethics
Among other primary goals, SolarTech is dedicated to the implementation of appropriate professional standards designed to ensure sustainability and prosperity of the Solar Industry. SolarTech members are expected to act in manner which promotes the integrity of, and reflects positively on, the practitioner, SolarTech, and the renewable energy profession, consistent with accepted moral, ethical, and legal standards. As a professional in the fields of renewable and sustainable energy and energy efficiency technologies, a SolarTech member pledge to:
· Deal with all clients, consumers, and other professionals and professional organizations fairly and in a timely manner;
· Respect and promote the rights of clients and consumers by offering only professional services that he/she is qualified to perform, and by adequately informing clients and consumers about nature of proposed services, including any relevant concerns or risks;
· Maintain the confidentiality and privacy of all client and consumer information;
· Avoid conduct which may cause a conflict with client or others;
· Engage in moral and ethical business practices, including accurate and truthful representations concerning professional information and system performance expectations;
· Be truthful with regard to research sources, findings, and related professional activities;
· Maintain accurate and complete business and professional records;
· Respect the intellectual property and contributions of others;
· Further the professionalism of renewable energy industry services; and,
· Behave in a courteous and professional manner when communicating with SolarTech representatives.